Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites. It helps people to connect with their friends, family and colleagues and clients. Some also use Facebook just as a leisure tool. No matter what the use is, Facebook has, over the course of time become an invincible part of our life. However, there are times when one might face difficulties in logging into one’s Facebook account. Here are top 15 reasons why your Facebook login might not be working:
- Trying to log in with a wrong email id: Sometimes the user may have typed a wrong email id or even mistaken some numerical while typing the id. In this case, it will be impossible to log into the Facebook account. A wrong email id won’t work even if the password is correct.
- Type-in the wrong password: often times, we put the wrong password, simply because of typing errors or because we forget the password.
- Faulty internet connection: logging into Facebook might get interrupted because of a faulty internet connection.
- Logging in with mobile number: Sometimes users log into their account with a mobile number. However, typing a wrong mobile number or putting a wrong country code will hinder in logging in.
- Using caps lock while typing the email id: Email ids do not have a capital letter and turning on the caps key while typing the email id will prevent the user from logging in.
- Trying to log in with Google apps account: Trying to log into Facebook with your Google app id won’t be possible as Facebook does not recognize such generic names.
- There might be some problems with the cookies that you use on the internet.
- Logging in via Internet Explorer: For users Internet Explorer, it might be a problem to log in because of default browser settings.
- Virus detection: Sometimes Facebook detects Malware or spam content in the user’s computer and prevents the user from logging in.
- Site works: If the Facebook site itself is going through some maintenance works, or some technical issues, it might prevent its users from logging into it for a stretch of time.
- Disabled accounts: Sometimes some of the posts by a user gets reported as abusive or inappropriate by other users. In that case, Facebook will disable the user’s account and detect the content.
- Fake account report: Facebook will prevent a user from logging in if another user reports an account as a fake account.
- More than one account: Logging in will be prevented if Facebook detects that you have more than one account one of which may be fake.
- Hacking: Prevented logging into Facebook can also be a sign that the account has been hacked by someone and the password has been changed.
- Other reasons: The user will be prevented from logging in if Facebook detects that he/she has been doing things like cyber crimes or promoting some obscenity or using the account under false id.
The above mentioned list is the top fifteen reasons why Facebook login may not be working.